Adults and community services and children's procurement

Decisions made in Adult and Children’s Commissioning often mean that we have to tender services. This means inviting external organisations to show that they can provide specific services at the quality and price that the council requires.

Procurement and contracts review teams

The procurement and contracts review teams support and advise colleagues in the procurement, contract management, monitoring and review of adult and children’s services for social care and supporting people.

They work closely with:

  • voluntary organisations
  • private companies
  • the NHS
  • other public and local authorities

If you would like to submit a tender

Please follow these steps:

  1. Please follow the instructions outlined in the advert to request an application form and a brief description of the work to be procured.
  2. If you think you can supply the service, return the application form and all information requested by the return date.
  3. You will be advised if your application is successful and a full invitation to tender sent to you.
  4. This will contain full details of the tendering requirements including instructions on how and when to return your bid. You must follow these instructions exactly or your bid may be rejected.

Make sure you do:

  • follow the instructions
  • provide all the information asked for
  • ask if you are in doubt
  • use the tender reply label

Make sure you don’t:

  • amend the documents or change the way in which you are asked to provide the information
  • mark the tender return envelope in any way to show any indication of your name
  • send in pages or books or unnecessary documentation

If you have any queries please contact us:

Adult Commissioning

Children's Commissioning