Homes for everyone
The need to provide a range of housing options is central to our Inclusive Growth aims , we have made good headway in relation to the development of new homes however recognise that more needs to be done to address increasing demand for housing in the borough. Tackling overcrowding and reducing the rate of homelessness in the borough will ensure that families have a secure home and foundation upon which to build their future. We also recognise that we can do more to create housing options geared towards vulnerable residents and intend to undertake a comprehensive review of housing needs in the borough.
Our priorities for homes for everyone are:
- improve our housing offer for vulnerable groups
- provide a quality housing service to council tenants
- create the conditions to build enough homes that meet the diverse needs of the Community
- improve conditions and support tenants in the private rented sector
- reduce the number of households in Temporary Accommodation
What are the potential benefits to residents?
More affordable housing options and secure housing , reducing the time that homeless households spend in temporary accommodation , more housing for vulnerable residents e.g. those with learning disabilities , improve services provided to existing council tenants and better support for tenants in the Private Rented Sector ( including taking action against Landlords ).