Community and Healthcare Permits

Permits for residents who are providing key services in the borough

This permit can be applied for by essential ‘community’ care providers within LBBD. This includes :

  • NHS / NELFT Community officers
  • GPs / Doctors
  • Care Agencies / Carers / Essential Health Care Providers
  • The Police
  • Voluntary Sector Organisations and essential community care providers (documentary proof of the voluntary organisation’s services within LBBD is required).

All applications must be made with official email addresses and or relevant documentary proof (evidence of working for an eligible organisation ) of eligibility must be uploaded as part of the application.

Residents who are receiving care and wish to apply for a Community and Healthcare Permit on behalf of carers must provide:

  • a letter from their GP or the NHS
  • welfare benefit entitlement letter confirming you are in receipt of the Care component of Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
  • If you are an independent care provider, you must provide proof that you are providing care to a Barking and Dagenham resident (e.g., a contract). 
  • Provide documentary proof of the voluntary organisation’s services within LBBD

This permit can either be bought as an annual permit or as a short stay ( 4 hours or daily ) session or voucher .

Please note that this is not a commuter permit.

This permit is located under the community permits category.

Terms and conditions

Please see our Parking Permits terms and conditions page.

Please see our permit prices.