Apply for a resident parking permit

How to pay for your parking permit

To buy a resident permit in Barking in Dagenham you must:

  • live in the borough
  • have a permit online account
  • have your vehicle registered in the borough
  • provide proof of residence and proof of ownership of the vehicle the permit is for (see below for documents you will need)

Permits are not transferable between vehicles.

If you're not eligible or you're found to have got a permit through deception, your permit will be cancelled and you won't get a refund. You may also be liable to prosecution for fraudulently obtaining a permit.

If you live in a controlled parking zone (CPZ) and hold a valid permit you are allowed to park over a dropped kerb outside your house as long as you're not blocking anyone else, such as wheelchair, pram users or motorist. You will not be permitted to park across any other dropped kerb.

  1. How to apply for your permit

  2. How to pay for your permit.

  3. When will your permit arrive?