Single person discount

If you’re 18 and over and live alone, you can get a 25% discount on your Council Tax.  You can apply for the discount through your My B&D Account.  You will need an email address and your Council Tax account number, which you can find on the top right hand of any Council Tax bills or letters we have sent you.

Apply for a single person discount

If you are receiving the single person discount and someone else aged 18 and over comes to live with you, you must tell us straight away.   

Tell us of any changes

If you need to link your Council Tax account with your My B&D account, please visit our How to link your Council Tax account to My B&D page.