You must complete the dropped kerb application form and pay the initial payment of £185 for dropped kerbs under £1,000 and £285 for dropped kerbs over £1,000.
The minimum qualifying value for instalments is £500. Instalments can be spread over either a 6 or 12 months, payable by standing order.
Examples of costs if paid in instalments
Typical standard crossing example 1 - under £1000
- £999 cost of dropped kerb
- £64.94 charge for the facility (6.5% of overall cost)
- £1,063.94 total cost of dropped kerb with payment plan
- £64.93 difference between upfront payment and payment by instalments
Deposit of £185 is required as it under £1,000 and will be deducted from £1,063.94
Typical standard crossing example 2 - over £1000
- £9,999 cost of dropped kerb
- £649.94 charge for the facility (6.5% of overall cost)
- £1,100 total cost of dropped kerb with payment plan
- £649.93 difference between upfront payment and payment by instalments
Deposit of £285 is required as it over £1,000 and will be deducted from £9,999
First instalment due date
The first instalment will be due 21 days after the invoice for the service is issued and monthly thereafter. Payments should be made by standing order, please contact the General Income Section to discuss this:
General Income Team
1 Town Hall Square
Each payment plan will be charged an administration fee of £35.
The initial payment amount will be determined by the overall cost of the service:
- £150 deposit + £35 administration fee if the invoice is between £500 to £999
- £250 deposit + £35 administration fee if the invoice is £1,000 or more
All payment plans will be subject to a 6.5% finance charge on the overall cost of the dropped kerb. The charge reflects our costs incurred by offering payment plans. This charge will be spread over the payment plan.
If an instalment is missed, the entire payment plan will be cancelled and the amount outstanding will be due immediately.