If you are a council tenant or leaseholder living in a flat, bulky waste collections are included in your service charges only if you pay for a caretaking service.
Do not leave bulky items in your bins or communal areas as it can pose a fire risk or other hazard.
You can leave your items in the bin shed/collection area for your block and the items will be collected within 5 working days. You do not need to book a collection.
We offer a bulky waste collection for the rest of our residents, which we charge for and collections are available Monday to Friday, between 6am and 3pm.
Free white goods collection
You can book a free white goods collection that is provided in partnership with AO recycling. Find out more about the free white good collection.
Before you make an order please consider the following options which are free.
Freecycle and freegle are nonprofit movements of people who are giving (and getting) stuff for free in their own towns and neighbourhoods. You can give your old items to someone in the community. Membership is free and this is often the quickest and easiest way to get rid of a useful item.
Our recycling centres are local so if you have transport you can take your items there and its free of charge.
Please do not dump your items in the street. If you do, you can be prosecuted and fined. We want our borough to be clean and a place to be proud of. You can visit our Wall of Shame page, if you know somebody who has dumped rubbish, you can report them using our online flytipping report.
Order your collection
Before you make your order, please read the information below about what we can and can't collect, how much you need to pay and how to present your items for collection.
You can't add anything to your order once you have made it or be refunded, so make sure you include everything you need to dispose of and all the information is correct.
The best way to book a bulky waste collection from us is by using our online form. To use the form, you need to be signed in to your My Account. If you don’t have one, you can create a My Account.
- What we don't collect
- What we do collect
- Cost for collections
- Preparing your items for collection
- Missed collections
- Terms and conditions
We can't collect these items
You may be able to dispose of these items at one of our recycling centres.
- gas bottles
- asbestos - the City of London can arrange an asbestos collection
- car parts and batteries
- fluorescent tubes
- storage heaters
Check which of these materials can be accepted at one of our recycling centres.
You must tell us about all of the items when you book your bulky waste collection. We won't be able to collect anything you haven't included in your order.
Once you have placed your order you won't be able to add anything else to it, so have a good think about what you need to get rid of and include everything you need in the order.
The full list of items we collect is in the table below. Three bin-sized bags count as one item.
|animal hutch/kennel||armchair||barbecue||bath (not cast iron)|
|bed base||bedside cabinet||bicycle||blinds (one set)|
|bookcase or cabinet||bunk bed frame||carpet, underlay, vinyl or laminate||chest of drawers|
|child's cot||clothes horse or drier||commode||compost bin|
|computer or games console||computer monitor||cooker||cooker hub|
|cupboard||desk||chair - dining, rocking, garden (up to 2)||dishwasher|
|door||dustbin||electric radiator||exercise machine|
|fire surround (wood)||fish tank||footstool/pouffe||fridge or freezer (domestic, any size)|
|golf clubs (including bag)||headboard (any size)||Hi-fi system/DVD/video player (single unit)||household tools|
|household waste||individual shelves (up to 3 count as one item)||ironing board||kitchen cabinet|
|kitchen utensils||lawnmower||mattress (any size)|
|play equipment||pushchair||radiator||rotary line|
|satellite dish||sewing machine||shelf unit||shower cubicle|
|sink||small electrical goods (up to 3)||snooker or pool table||sofa|
|speakers (up to 5)||stair gate||strimmer||suitcase|
|sun lounger||table (any size)||toilet||toilet seat|
|trampoline||tumble dryer or spin dryer||TV||TV cabinet|
|vacuum cleaner||walking aids||wardrobe||washing machine or washer dryer|
|water butt||wheelbarrow||wheelchair||worktop (one piece)|
We can only collect the items you include in your order. You can't add items to your order once you have made it, so make you include everything you need to get rid of. If you leave something out that is not included in your order we won't collect it.
You may reschedule or cancel a collection up to two working days before the cancellation date but we do not give refunds for cancelled collections, or if you remove items from a collection order.
|Number of items||Charge|
|1 to 4||£10|
|5 to 8||£20|
|9 to 12||£30|
|13 to 16||£40|
|17 to 20||£50|
|21 to 24||£60|
|25 to 28||£70|
Three bin-sized bags count as one item.
It’s really important you properly prepare your bulky waste items for collection and put them out at the right time and in the right place.
Preparing your items
You must prepare the following items for collection or we won't be able to pick them up.
- any glass or mirrors must be wrapped up
- sprung footrests in reclining chairs and sofas must be taken apart and all chairs, beds and sofas must be completely taken apart
- mattresses must be kept dry and placed up against a wall
- items over 6ft must be taken apart including trampolines and bunk beds
- electric or oil-filled radiators must be intact and undamaged
- items should be empty and not be filled with rubbish or other waste
- carpet, underlay, vinyl or laminate must be cut up and placed in heavy duty rubble sacks, you can get these from a supermarket
- exercise equipment must be able to be easily lifted by two people
- loose items must be put in bin bags
Where to place your items
You must place your bulky waste items for collection within the front boundary to your property (where you put your usual weekly waste) before 6am on day we have told you we will collect.
We cannot remove items from back gardens or service alleys.
If for some reason (roadworks for example) we can't collect your items on the agreed collection day, we will email you with a new date. You can report a missed collection by calling 020 8215 3000.
We will collect items of large household waste, i.e. fridge, sofa, tv etc. Please note our collection charges and alternative disposal options.
Collections are available from Monday to Friday between 6 am and 3 pm.
Once your booking had been made you will receive a confirmation email. Before you make your booking please read and accept our terms and conditions and tick the confirmation box to continue.
For Council Tenants or Leaseholders who live in a Council flat your collections are handled separately.
- All payments are non-refundable.
- Items for collection must be placed within the front boundary to your property (where your usual waste is presented) before 6 am on the booked collection day. We cannot remove items from back gardens / service alleys.
- Loose items i.e. Green waste / Household waste must be bagged. Three bin bags will equal one item.
- If the item you require to be collected is not on the list of available options you will need to find an alternative collection method.
- You can't add extra items to your collection after making a booking.
- We do not give refunds for cancelled collections, or for removing items from a collection.
- If you leave out more items than listed in your booking then we will not collect the items not listed. Photographic evidence is taken of all attempted collections.
- You may reschedule or cancel a collection up to two working day before the collection date.
- Please ensure you follow any relevant guidance below otherwise your items may not be collected
- Any glass or mirrors must be taped or wrapped
- Sprung footrests in reclining chairs and sofas must be disabled and all recliners (chairs, beds and sofas) must be completely dismantled
- Mattresses must be kept dry (e.g. stood up against a wall)
- Items over 6ft must be dismantled (including trampolines and bunk beds)
- Electric or Oil filled radiators must be intact and undamaged
- Items should be empty and not filled with rubbish or other items