Vehicle removals

Find your vehicle

If your car has been removed, you can find it using TRACE, the towed vehicle tracing service. Enter your vehicle's details online or call 0300 077 0100 to find out where the vehicle has been taken and how much the release fee is. You can also text ‘TRACE’ followed by your Vehicle Registration Mark to 66663 (charges may apply for this service).

TRACE - towed vehicle tracing service


The vehicle release fee and penalty charge notice (PCN) must be paid before the vehicle can be released from a wheel clamp or car pound. You will need to attend the pound and pay the release fee of £200 plus storage fees of £40 each day from the second day of storage.

You will also need to produce documents prior to the vehicle being released. Acceptable documents should all contain the same name and address: You should provide proof of ownership (V5, V5C or V11, insurance policy), proof of identity (photo driving licence or passport) plus a utility bill or bank statement. These documents must be no more than 3 months old. Additional documents may be required

Permit misuse and PCN evasion

If your vehicle has been removed for Blue Badge misuse (disabled drivers' permit), permit misuse, voucher misuse or you are a persistent evader of penalty charge notices you will need to provide an additional document. This can be either an additional utility bill or bank statement (no more than 3 months old) or a Council Tax bill with the same address as it appears in the proof of ownership or proof of identity.


You are entitled to appeal against the PCN and removal of the vehicle immediately after paying for the relevant parking ticket and removal release fees.

You can appeal your PCN and removal by visiting our parking portal below.

Appeal your PCN and removal

Vehicle pound details

Pound address

Recorn Limited, Kerry Avenue, Purfleet Industrial Park, RM15 4YE


Telephone number

020 8215 3005

Opening hours

8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.  Please note, vehicles will only be released between the hours of 8:30am and 3pm once the fees and documentation have been received.

Accepted payment method

Bank card only

Required identification and documentation for release of vehicle

  • utility bill - within the last 3 months
  • drivers license
  • photo ID
  • bill of sale, proof of ownership