Parking on bank holidays
On bank holidays, permits are not required when parking in resident or business parking bays. You don’t need to use a visitor’s scratch card parking permit for your guests on any bank holiday.
- 25 December 2022 - Christmas Day
- 26 December 2022 - Boxing Day
- 1 January 2022 - New Year's Day
- 2 January 2023 - New Year's Day (substitute day)
- 7 April 2023 - Good Friday
- 9 April 2023 - Easter Sunday
- 10 April 2023 - Easter Monday
- 1 May 2023 - Early May bank holiday
- 8 May 2023 - Bank holiday for the coronation of King Charles III
- 29 May 2023 - Spring bank holiday
- 28 August 2023 - Summer bank holiday
- 25 December 2023 - Christmas Day
- 26 December 2023 - Boxing Day
- 1 January 2024 - New Year's Day
Check upcoming bank holiday dates.
Bus lane restrictions are enforced as normal on bank holidays, except on Easter Sunday and Christmas Day.
Moving traffic restrictions
These are enforced as normal on bank holidays, for example:
- banned turns
- no entry
- box junctions
- double yellow line restrictions and footways - any vehicle parked in contravention will be served a penalty charge notice (PCN).
Normal restrictions and enforcement will apply on these parking places:
- disabled bays
- bus stops
- taxi ranks
- pedestrian crossings
- car club bays
- doctors bays
Our car parks and on-street locations with pay by phone or pay and display machines
Parking is free (no payment required) on bank holidays in council-operated car parks, and on-street locations with pay by phone or pay and display machines.